Learn Like The Pros
Orvis Fly Fishing School
Learning how to fly fish has never been easier when staying at the Equinox Golf Resort & Spa. The Orvis Fly Fishing School has deep ties to the Equinox Golf Resort & Spa, which is nearby the famed Battenkill River, the perfect backdrop for the best fly fishing experience.
The first Orvis Fly Fishing School started in 1966 after determining a need to educate people who were simply too initimidated by the sport to try it. Since then, the Orvis Fly Fishing School has taught over 35,000 people at Orvis schools all over the United States.
The state-of-the-art fly fishing school facility is located less than a mile away from the Equinox Golf Resort & Spa located in the beautiful Green Mountains in Manchester, Vermont.
Since classes are limited to one or two people, you will enjoy a lot of personal attention. You will learn how to fly fish or improve your skills with experienced instructors determined to provide you with the best best fly fishing lesson possible.
Fish with confidence and uncover all the skills needed to become an expert fly-fisher. Book your opportunity to stay at the Equinox Golf Resort & Spa and learn how to fly-fish with the Orvis Fly Fishing experience package.
What the class includes:
- Introduction to all the fly-fishing gear - line, rod and reel
- Knot tying lessons
- Practice with hands-on casting introduction with the best instructors in the industry
- Introduction to shooting line, false casting and roll casting techniques
- Fly selection, handling fish and landing fish
- How to read the water and currents
- Catered lunch
- Special offers on Orvis gear