Health & Safety
Giving Our Guests Peace of Mind
The health and safety of our both guests and associates has always been a top priority for us at The Equinox Golf Resort & Spa. In addition to our standard, strict cleaning practices, we have enhanced our efforts across the resort. New standards have been implemented to better ensure the cleanliness of our Resort and the safety of all our guests and staff. Our housekeeping team is using hospital-grade cleaning agents, paying extra attention to high-touch surfaces in guestrooms and throughout public areas when cleaning and disinfecting.
A New Standard of Cleanliness
We have put in place new sanitation and hygiene practices using approved hospital-grade chemicals, procedures, and equipment to ensure the highest level of cleanliness in all areas of the resort.
- Guest Room Sanitation
- Disinfecting: Sanitation chemicals proven to kill 99.9% of all germs and viruses is used in guest rooms prior to guest arrival.
- High-Touch Cleaning: A checklist of frequently touched areas in each guest room is maintained, to ensure that they receive extra disinfection.
- Stayover Service: To further practice physical distancing and to protect both our guests and our associates, in-stay housekeeping is suspended temporarily for stays of more than one night. Towel and amenity replacement is available upon request.
- Public Area Cleanliness: Multi-Surface Cleaner and Disinfectant is used on all high-touch surfaces in our public areas.
Food & Beverage
- Food & Beverage Operations and procedures have been forever changed and ensuring the safety of our guests and team members is paramount. Going forward, we have much higher expectations for safety and sanitation with enhanced and visible procedures and excellent communications to earn your loyalty.
- Grooming, Uniforms & PPE: Employees will wear and use appropriate personal protective equipment according to the latest CDC policies and procedures. Items such as masks, gloves and hats will always be worn when handling food.
- General Safety & Sanitation: All employees have been re-trained in current food safety practices.
- Reduced-Contact Service: Giving our guests personalized, memorable service is always a priority. Though our delivery of that service will alter, the standards will not diminish. We have instituted no touch menus for contact-less ordering. We have currently suspended room service at this time.
Spa, Fitness Center & Activities
- Fitness and Activities: Physical distancing for equipment layout and activities. Additional signage to remind guests they are required to wipe down equipment after use. Limited guests allowed into fitness center at one time. Attendant will sanitize equipment every 2 hours.
- Locker Rooms & Hot Tub: As per state guidelines, these areas are sanitized with hospital grade disinfectants to ensure safe usage by guests.
- Steam Room & Sauna remain closed at this time.
- Pool – Our indoor pool is open.
- Tennis – There will be a limit to the number of people permitted on the tennis courts.
- Fitness Classes –There will be a limit to the number of people permitted in each class. Weather permitting, all classes will be attempted outside. Reservations for Fitness Classes are required.
High-Touch Areas of Deep Cleaning
- Switches & Electronic Controls: lights, lamps, switches, and climate control panels
- Handles & Knobs: doors, closets, drawers, furniture knobs and blinds
- Bathroom & Bath Amenities: toilet handles/seats, splash walls, shower/tub controls, sink faucets, individual amenities, tissue boxes, soap dishes, amenity trays & hair dryer
- Telephones, Remote Controls & Clocks: handsets, dial pads & buttons
- Bed & Bedding: all bed linens including duvet covers, pillowcases & sheets
- Hard Surfaces: tables, desk, and nightstands
- Closet & Dresser Goods: iron, safe handle, and keypad
Protecting Our Guests and Employees
We have implemented a range of new and modified services that give all guests and employees “Peace of Mind” when arriving, checking in and staying at The Equinox. Contactless procedures and practicing physical distancing are the new norm.
- Signage & Communication: Markers on floor for proper physical distance spacing (6 FT per CDC). Signage displayed that the use of face coverings is necessary for all guests & employees in building.
- Low Contact Check In: Safety shield are in place as a barrier. Employee does not handle guest credit card. Guest uses machine for credit card collection & authorization. Credit card machines are disinfected after each use.
- Personal Protective Equipment: PPE supplies available at Front Desk (gloves, masks, hand sanitizer) if needed for guests & employees.
- Self-Parking : Valet Parking is currently suspended.
- Hand Sanitizers: Located at high traffic locations in the resort including at elevators landings on each floor, meeting rooms and the front desk. Individual Sanitizing Wipes will be provided in each of the guest rooms.
- Elevator Safety: Door Handles & Elevator Buttons disinfected regularly by Attendant. Signage in place for elevator physical distancing practices limiting the number of guests for each elevator.
Employee Safety Practices Keep Everyone Safer
- Training: Our employees take great care ensuring your stay is safe. New standards of practicing physical distancing and engaging in low contact delivery of service are part of our new ongoing training and awareness for all employees, as our goal is your safety.
- PPE: Protective Personal Equipment is available to all employees to protect both them & others.
- Physical Distancing: Minimized contact with other associates while in work areas and staying six feet apart is practiced.
- Safer at Home: If an employee is not feeling well, or is showing symptoms, or if they have a family member sick at home, they are asked and required to stay home from work.
- Sharing Safety: If a guest needs masks, sanitizer or wipes, our employees will be happy to provide them.