A Truly Exciting Option In Vermont Family Resorts
Bring the children to our refreshing Vermont family resort, where they, too, can enjoy a relaxing mountain oasis. The Equinox offers an active and inviting environment for children of all ages. From skiing and canoeing to sleigh rides and swimming, we showcase an endless host of activities so your family can play together. For memorable New England family vacations, stay with us and enjoy an array of fun diversions, including:
- Board games -- Available at front desk.
- Chipman Stables -- Offering pony and sleigh rides.
- Covered Bridges -- There are two in Arlington. Great photo opportunities. See the Concierge for directions.
- Falconry -- Take a lesson in handling birds of prey at our British School of Falconry. For kids 12 years of age and older.
- Hiking -- On the trails of the Equinox Preserve.
- Hildene -- Robert Todd Lincoln's estate in Manchester. Cross-country skiing and snowshoeing available on the grounds. One mile from The Equinox.
- Manchester Hot Glass -- Watch them create wonderful items from molten glass.
- Mark Skinner Library -- Just 50 yards north of the Equinox Resort and Spa, next to the Orvis Inn.
- Montshire Museum of Science (for kids) -- By Hanover, NH (1.5-hour drive), open 7 days a week from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Admission is $7.50 for adults and $6.50 for children between the ages of 3 and 17. (802) 649-2200.
- Nature Museum at Grafton -- Providing your family with fascinating information about the area's natural beauty.
- Norman Rockwell Museum -- Celebrate one of America's premier artists. Just a 15- minute drive south on Rt. 7A.
- Northshire Bookstore - Boasts an outstanding children's section. Located at the junction of Rtes 11/30 and 7A.
- Orvis Flagship Store -- Has a pond where children can feed the fish from indoors.
- Swimming -- In the pool at The Spa at Equinox.
- Taylor Farm Cheese -- See how they make the cheese, and learn about sustainable farming as well.
- Vermont Institute of Natural Science -- An interactive museum dedicated to the nature's power and majesty.
WINTER ACTIVITIES FOR THE KIDS
- Bromley Mountain Ski Area - A 15-minute drive from the resort.
- Magic Mountain - A wondrous tubing park and ski area.
- Skating - Offered at the Riley Rink at Hunter Park. Daily public skating. Times vary.
- Sleigh Rides -- At Karl Pfister's.
- Snow Shoeing -- On the trails of the Equinox Preserve.
- Stratton Ski Area -- An entire village located by the base lodge, only a 25-minute drive.